I’ll admit it. (Of course I’m always right though….just kidding!)
But I can accept that there are people out there with opinions that differ from my own. And I have no problem respecting their opinions as long as they also respect mine.
What I can’t handle is people who spout off about things when they aren’t willing to have someone believe something different.
What I can’t accept is when people don’t do the research to understand their stance.
When I state I don’t believe in eating gluten, I don’t expect everyone to just agree with me. And I actually hope that when people read that statement they either cruise around my site or the internet in general to really understand WHY.
I don’t want them to put blinders on and not realize all of the different opinions out there.
I don’t want them to BLINDLY ACCEPT what I’m saying!!!!
I don’t want people to have blinders on when reading new information.
Like the other day a friend posted a study on Facebook, which in my opinion was an awful study because it wasn’t really truly testing what it proposed to be testing. (Someone actually even beat me to pointing this out.)
Anyway, the point is my friend posted this study because it supposedly supported something he believed in. He didn’t even think to really look at and analyze the way the study was done.
He had his blinders on.
Please don’t just blindly argue a point or believe something just because someone you trust even said it. DO THE RESEARCH! ANALYZE THE DATA!
So these were a few random and interesting things from the past week. Some of the links to articles and research just provide more evidence that what I’ve been saying is RIGHT!
- Interval Training – Small time commitment, great results! Look there is even an article in the NY Times about it!
- There is no sacrificing on Primal!!! Have a sweet tooth? Than indulge in a little bit of HEALTHY dark chocolate!
- Is a gluten-free diet good for you? I think it is. But there are researchers that say a gluten-free diet is a waste of money for most people. Is it really? Or is it just that people fill the gluten void with other crap which is equally as bad?
- Now you can relieve stress through exercise even at the airport!
- People usually suggest that you don’t eat close to when you are going to go to bed if you want to lose weight. BUT consuming protein right before you go to sleep may actually help with post workout recovery, which means more muscle synthesis. So maybe you want to eat before bed!
- Ever had someone tell you that skipping meals, especially breakfast, is bad for you? Well, skipping meals may actually help protect against brain diseases.
- Want better sex? Lift and eat meat!