The good, the bad and the simply stupid
When I was doing my low-fat diet a few years ago, Ryan and I would watch Man vs. Food and plan out our next cheat. Our meals simply weren’t satisfying. We actually watched a ton of food shows or “food porn” as many of us call them.
Right now Jamie, Tucker, and baby Cooper! are watching Man vs. Food. They just showed a huge Cinnamon Roll and I have to say, my belly started hurting just looking at the 3 pound monstrosity. WOW! What a difference between my current diet and my previous low-fat one! I’m pretty much ALWAYS satisfied!
- You CAN eat pretty healthily even if you eat out. Here are a few of our quick and easy meals out since coming to Cali.
- See I’m not the only one that claims you can eat healthy on a budget!
- I also thought it was cool to see a number of recent articles and posts against vegetable oils and in favor of cooking with natural fats!
- An interesting article especially for any trainers out there – what and how we can motivate people to exercise!
- Uhm seriously!?! We need to adopt a vegetarian diet or we will face a food shortage crisis!?! HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
- So Statins really don’t have any benefit…Yet half of our nation is taking them….(This article is good…the whole fact that it even needs to be written is bad.)
The Simply Stupid
- So Sunday night Ryan and I ate pizza for the first time in over two months. Right now we are living with cats and I’ve had problems with allergies and cats in the past. I haven’t had any trouble with allergies while I’ve eaten Primally. BUT Monday after the pizza, not only did I feel swollen, dehydrated and sick, I also had ALLERGIES. Of course a return to my version of Primal got rid of them quickly, but still the whole experience was eye-opening. The reason this whole story is under stupid is because many people are too lazy or stupid to go without gluten for any extended period of time and see if they feel better without it. I guarantee they will! Health issues they just accepted before, like allergies, may just go away!!!
- READ THE INGREDIENT LABELS PEOPLE!!!!! Soybean oil and other crap is hidden in random products. You may have gone Primal, but if you are still eating some of these products laden with hidden gluten and vegetable oil, you may not be reaping all of the benefits! Check your spices even! Some may not be simply the herb or spice!
Posted on August 28, 2012, in Conventional Wisdom - How I hate you, Diet, Uhm? and tagged diet, Exercise, food porn, health, lard, quick and easy meals, restaurants, statins, vacation. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
I think your response to the article on the connection between water and animal products shows how narrow minded you are. Sure, the article’s title might be a bit misleading, but it is a very serious issue that warrants attention. Not to mention that if faced with a food shortage, it will not be us that suffers, but the nearly billion people of the world that are already woefully undernourished.
Am I narrow minded or do I just think that becoming a vegetarian isn’t the solution?
I’m not at all making light of how under and malnourished people are. I just think that stuffing them like cattle full of corn isn’t the solution.
Also, I did approve your comment even though it is a bit harsh…
I have been gluten-free for a few months now….my digestive system demanded the change and I am so grateful it did. Once I finally gave up all gluten I started to notice how clear my mind became. I read testimonials about this side effect and was skeptical…but now I can see what these individuals meant. I felt so much better mentally that I decided to try weaning myself off my anti-depressant (long family history). I have tried in the past and when I would decrease my dose I immediately felt anxious and weepy-among other withdrawal side effects. Not this time….no side effect at all. I am still amazed and excited.